F. Listening and Speaking
Your teacher will read the story ‘The Miser’. Listen carefully and answer the following questions:
- Why did the rich man eat cheap food?
- Did the rich man like the smell of fish? Do you think he likes eating fish too?
- *If you had a lot of money, would you be a miser? Giver reasons.
- “Please cook it every day. I like the smell very much.” Who said this?
- *Do you think the watchman is honest? Support your answer.
- Work in groups. Some groups can work on scene 1. and the others on scene 2. Rehearse and then present it before the class.
- Put yourself in the shoes of Tenali Raman and narrate what had happened in the court.