F. Listening and Speaking
- Your teacher will read the story ‘Gulliver in Lilliput’. Listen carefully and answer the following questions:
- Why did Gulliver go to Lilliput?
- Why did the little people shoot arrows at Gulliver?
- What do you think is the size of the Lilliputian’s house?
- How many Lilliputians can you carry in your bag?
- *Would you like to live among such strange people?
- Pigmies are also very small people. Find out who is smaller? A Pygmy or a Lilliputian?
- Why did the King like Gulliver?
- Work in pairs.
Ask and answer the following questions:
- *If you were the King, how would you use Gulliver?
- *If you lived in Lilliput, what problems would you face?
- *In stories, we often come across very small people like elves and dwarfs.
- How are they different from Lilliputians?
- *Here is a list of places of South India Tourism. Tell your group about the city you would like to visit and why. What is special about the city? What should visitors do there?
Tirupati Araku Valley Amaravathi Hyderabad
Nagarjuna Sagar Warangal Kerala Kanyakumari