mandatory (adj) : compulsory
wonder (v) : wish to know
drab ( adj) : dull
pelt (v) : throw; shoot
giggle (v) : laugh in a silly way
babble (n) : a talk difficult to understand
pensive (adj) : serious
hesitantly (adv) : unwillingly/uncertainly
expectantly (adv) : hopeful of something
intersect (v) : crossing each other at a point
headgear (n) : a piece of cloth worn on head
jubilant (adj) : showing great happy
resolve (v) : solve
knot (n) : fastening
vibrant (adj) : active
compelling (adj) : extremely interesting
Answer the following questions.
- What is the main theme of the story?
- How is chitiki rumal used by different people?
- The teacher became silent when she was discussing handloom? Why?
- Children’s attention was divided between her words and fabrics as she opened silk patola sari. Why?
- The writer described some designs, historical things and the weaving. Which part of the story do you like most?