petal (n) : a delicate coloured part of a flower
bestowed (v) : gave, showed respect
bowers (n) : a pleasant place in the shade of tree
nutritious (adj) : good
reap (n) : result
spirit (n) : feeling rathar than their body
gratitude (n) : being grateful to / express thanks
goal (n) : something that you hope to achieve
Answer the following questions.
- What is the central idea of the poem?
- What features of the garden in the poet’s heart are mentioned in stanza 1?
- What is the mood of the poet? Put a tick ( )mark.
- sad b. hopeful c. thankful
- Explain the word ‘gratitude’ in the poem.