twirl (v) : turn something round and round.
fatal (adj) : causing death
captive (n) : prisoner
Answer the following questions.
- Who is ‘I’ in the poem? Who is the speaker in the first stanza?
- What does the phrase ‘fragrant friendship’ convey about the goblet’s relationship with the flower?
- The poem has the expression ‘burned so warm’. Does the poet have tender feelings towards the goblet or the earth? What is your opinion?
- The goblet has certain feelings towards its present life and past life. Which life does it like? Why?
- What common things do you notice between the expression ‘living breath’ of me and ‘natural stage’?