Listen to the talk by an environmentalist on saving the trees and tick (..........) the correct options that will complete the statements.
- The Himalayas are affected by_______________________________.
a. Environmental pollution b) Melting of snow
- Himalayas are protected___________________________________.
a. by hugging trees b) by stopping deforestation
- The name of the movement that started in 1970s and 1980s is_______________.
a. The resistance to the Destruction of Forests
b. Chipko movement
- The person who started the movement is_______________________________.
a. Sunderlal Bahuguna b) Mahatma Gandhi
- Chipko means ___________________________________________________.
a. To embrace b) Putting the bodies in the way of the contractors' axes.