plight (n) : a difficult or sad situation
bicker (n) : argue about things that are not important
pious (adj) : showing a deep respect for God and religion
din (n) : a loud / unpleasant noise that lasts for a long time
incite (v) : encourage or stir up (violent or unlawful behaviour)
- What do fights put us in?
- Why does the poet use proud to be a strong nation and hang heads in shame at the same time?
- Who are cheats ? Who are being cheated?
- What are the tasks to be finished according to the poet?
- What is the central idea of the poem ?