I. What do you think Swami might have thought after he had left his school? Write down his reflections in a paragraph.
II. Construction of a Narrative
Look at the concluding part of the story.
He restrained the tears that were threatening to rush out, jumped down, and, grasping his books, rushed out, muttering, ‘I don’t care for your dirty school.’
Now imagine what happens to Swami after going away from school. Write a narrative which should include dialogues, sensory perceptions etc.,
You may include things such as the following.
- Swami rushed out from the class
- His parents asked him what happened at school.
- His mother looked at the scars on his shoulders.
- His father wanted him to go to school.
- Swami did not like to go to school.